Saturday, November 07, 2009

Heisman Land

I've got 5 minutes to write this so it won't be in depth or insightful.  Here's my Top 5 for the Heisman.  MY top 5.  They aren't the guys I think will win but the guys I think should win.

1.) Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State - If you have watched him play and don't agree with me then fuck you, you're an asshole.  If you haven't seen him play and you object because of his team/conference then fuck you even more because you are an even bigger asshole.  This guy is Marshall Faulk (who also should have won) reborn.

2.) Case Keenum, QB, Houston - Best QB I've seen this year.  Plays a jackass schedule, as well, but it's ok to be a little protected.  This Houston team plays an offense that is working in the NFL and the SEC so stop saying he's a system QB.  He's got all the tools, as it were.

3.) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - Best QB I've seen this year that has actually played a decent schedule.  Really don't think he should come out this year, though.  He should be ready for the NFL Draft in 2011 and Out in 2014.

4.) Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama - If every offensive starter on the Crimson Tide went down to an injury, their defense would still pull them through.  People who don't understand a nose tackle's job have complained that Cody hasn't "done anything" this year.  Well, he's not a pass rusher.  He's supposed to absorb blockers so that the edge rushers, to some degree, and the MLBs/ILBs have the space to blow up ballcarriers.  Well, Cody has done well enough that Roland McClain has passed him up on the Q Ratings.  B.S.  Cody is the key to 'Bama winning anything memorable this year.

5.) Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple - Give him a shot, OK?  Watch a Temple game.  I didn't realize it until last Saturday but Temple is having their best season in like 40 years.  Did they get a recruiting pipeline going to resurrect (were they ever good to begin with?) the pipeline?  I don't know but this guy is a freshman so it's possible.  He's moved past Noel Devine, Tim Tebow, Golden Taint, Ndamukong Suh, Eric Berry and Kellen Moore to the point where I'm disappointed that I missed a Temple game on Thursday.

No comments: