Saturday, December 19, 2009

NFL Holiday Season

SAT, DEC 19
Dallas at New Orleans - Dallas is terrible in December, which is the kind of shallow analysis I try to avoid but which is also my deciding factor in this game, so I'm taking the Saints to keep up with the Colts.  There are a lot of reasons to think the Saints luck will run out but none of them are named Tony Romo.  I sort of expect him to throw at least 3 ints this week.  And the Cowboys refuse to commit to the run so Barber & Jones will only combine for 15 or so rushes.  The Saints should have some luck on deep passes.  I say that as an intentional understatement but it helps me to clear my head and pick the Saints by 30.
SUN, DEC 20
New England at Buffalo - This will be an absolutely terrible game and the Buffalo will lose to make it worse.
Arizona at Detroit - Whoever plays QB for the Cards will have a fairly easy time of things back there.  Beanie Wells should romp, too, but I don't know what to ever expect when Arizona runs the ball.  Stafford should be able to continue his generic pattern of big yards and lots of turnovers.
Miami at Tennessee - Awesome game.  Should be fun to watch.  Ricky Williams might get shut down for the most part but I am more doubtful on the outcome of this game than any other game this week.  I hope the Titans make the playoffs but I'm much more concerned about the continued crazy yardage numbers of Chris Johnson.  I would like to see him get to 2,000 yds.
Cleveland at Kansas City - I'll unfortunately arrive in Kansas City on Monday.  I would like to walk up to the box office on gameday and get a couple of suites for under $100.
Houston at St. Louis - This is either the upset of the week or Houston wins by 40.  There can be no compromise.  I hope it's the latter.
Atlanta at NY Jets - I go so far out of my way to avoid picking the Jets that it really makes me question my motivation.  The answer I keep coming up with is that it puts some joy in my heart to see any New York team suck.
San Francisco at Philadelphia - I just hope this is a good game.  I kind of like and hate both teams simultaneously.  McNabb rules and I wish Philly would like him more.  Does he have personal problems that bother the populace?  I don't know but people need to leave that shit alone if that's what it boils down to.
Oakland at Denver - Denver will get a nice big win here.  Can the Broncos still miss the playoffs?  If they can do that then this game might be tight.  Otherwise I'm picking them by 10.
Cincinnati at San Diego - Doesn't matter.
Tampa Bay at Seattle - Could conceivably end up watching this game.  I want this rookie QB to pan out for the Bucs.
Chicago at Baltimore - This is a terrible game, also, but I do have an allegiance to uphold.
Green Bay at Pittsburgh - Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minnesota at Carolina - Good chance for Adrian Peterson to break out.  Also a good time for Brett Favre to start throwing some playoff ints.
MON, DEC 21
NY Giants at Washington - Upset alert!

No comments: